Why Choose Damon
The Damon System is not just about revolutionary braces and wires, it’s a whole new way of treating patients. Traditional treatment often requires removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to make space. This approach is often uncomfortable, takes longer, and can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile. Damon smiles are full, natural 10-tooth smiles achieved with light biologically-sensible forces, and are specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each patient.
Damon braces have a number of benefits over traditional braces. These include:
- Appearance. Their clear brackets make them more aesthetically pleasing because they are virtually invisible.
- Faster treatment time. A comparative study showed patients finished their treatment 7.2 months earlier than those with traditional braces.
- Less in-office maintenance. The study showed patients needed nearly half as many appointments to have the appliances adjusted manually.
- Less pressure on the teeth, resulting in less pain. Patients reported 60 percent less discomfort with Damon braces.
- Less friction, which avoids erosion and deterioration of the teeth.
- Fewer places for plaque and bacteria to accumulate on the braces.